Dec 28, 2009

Forced Activity



My feet are killing me!

I have a boss whom I have a (not-as-extreme-as-when-I-began-working-for-her) crush on. Problem is, she can be such a crazy bitch when stressed out, and because the project we're working on is ever-descending into hell's seveth pile of shit, she is becoming a major lunatic! The upside is that I am forced to be on the run, walking all around the office and being active, which- as we all know- has the fabulous effect of burning cals!

Today will be another success. I followed the essentials of the exercise part of the plan that I outlined yesterday; meaning that I did the 30 minutes walking that I wanted to add this week, though not when I arrived at work as I originally planned. I arrive extra early, and if I wanted to devote half an hour to fast-walking, no one would object because no one would really know. But after my daily weight training this morning, I thought 'Why the hassle?' See, I packed a shirt and sneakers to exercise in and then change back to my more suitable working attire. Instead of doing that, I just fast-walked in my room and avoided the whole trouble. Though it did get me thinking if I was not burning as much as I would if I walking in the open? My room is quite small, and I walked from one end to the other and then back again-- like extra fast pacing. For some weird reason it just popped into my mind that the second of pausing that turning around takes renders the whole half hour useless... But maybe that's just the crazy in me talking?

As far as food goes, I had roughly 190 to 200 gs of baby carrots with 1 ketchup pkt and 1 mustard pkt just like I planned in my head. I kinda wolfed that down... Same as yesterday's dinner. Which is strange, since I don't really feel hungry. In fact, during this renewed period of restriction, all of the instances in which I craved fattening junk where when I was stressed out. as an example, today we had our weekly meeting with our client, and in every such meeting we have to present the client representatives with an assortment of fruit and mixed nuts. And oh, my god. Salted AND unsalted almonds and cashews (especially cashews!) are the devil. They are one of the foods that I binge on. With me, there is no 'over-eating' with these -- only binging. Considering the significant amount of calories (abut 500 to 600 in 100 grams?), and that I could finish two 500g bags (something that I did regulary) in under two hours, then still be hungry and go on to eat some more, just imagine all the extra fat that accumulates(ed) from the tremendous amount of excessive calories. Ewww! To make things worse, a colleague brought arabic sweets with him, and as I was opening the fridge in the kitchen, there were three chocolate thingies in view. I will be lying if I say that I didn't get weak at the sight. But, I am completely honest when I say that actually eating all this yummy garbadge was not something I contemplated seriously. It was more of a depressed resignation that I will never get to eat these kinds of food. So, overall, I am proud of myself, as I did not give in, and will not give in.

Tomorrow will be day 20. I cannot wait to conquor it, too!

Kisses,
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment